We Need Your Help!
- Sign the online petition at http://signon.org/sign/conoco-phillips-is-trying
- Write letters to local, state and federal elected officials. Tell them you are against building the mega-tank and they should be too. Contact list is below.
- Attend selectmen or city council meetings in your town to voice your concerns; Please see more information below.
- Talk about this project with your friends, relatives, and neighbors.
- Request a TBNT yard sign, pin or license plate.
- Make a contribution to help defray legal costs. If you would like to send a check our address is: PO Box 150, Searsport, ME 04974
- Volunteer time; we can find a role for you!
- Like our friends on facebook.
CONTACT LIST FOR SENDING LETTERS, FAXES OR EMAILS:
LETTERS to the EDITORS
BANGOR DAILY NEWS, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor, ME 04402
250 words max
email@example.com include name & town, daytime phone
PORTLAND PRESS HERALD, P.O. Box 1460, Portland, ME 04104-5009
REPUBLICAN JOURNAL, 161 High Street, Belfast, ME 04915 338-3333 500 words or less
CAMDEN HERALD, 5 Bayview Landing, Camden, ME 04843
FREEPRESS, 8 N. Main St, Suite 101, Rockland, ME 04841
ELLSWORTH AMERICAN, 30 Water St, Ellsworth, ME 04605 207-667-2576
FISHERMEN’S VOICE – comes out monthly
WORKING WATERFRONT – comes out monthly
(if letter has been published elsewhere, adapt a different version for them; 300 words, max)
FOR RESIDENTS OF SEARSPORT
Please contact town officials and urge them to consider all the findings of the upcoming Good Harbor Consulting safety study BEFORE approving any application to locate a LPG tank at Mack Point.
James Gillway Town Manager
Aaron Fethke, Chairman, Board of Selectmen
Joe Calista, Chairman, Searsport Economic Development Commision
Bruce Probert, Chairman Searsport Planning Board
The Searsport Town Office is located at 1 Union Street (off Rt. 1) to drop off lettters
Mailing address for town officials:
Town of Searsport, PO Box 499, Searsport, ME 04974
FOR RESIDENTS OF NEIGHBORING TOWNS
Please contact your state and federal representatives and ask them to get involved. The scope of this proposal is regional and the health and safety of all their constituents must be considered.
PENOBSCOT BAY AREA TOWN MEETINGS
Belfast City Council: Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays City Hall 7pm
Camden Select Board: Meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, 7pm
Hampden Town Council, Meets 1st and 3rd Mondays at 7pm, Municipal Building
Islesboro Selectmens: Twice a Month on Wednesdays , 7:15 summer; 6:15 winter
Lincolnville Selectmen: Meets 2nd and 4th Monday at 6pm at Lincolnville Central School
Montville Select Board, Tuesdays at 7pm
North Haven Board of Selectmen: Every Tuesday, 4-5pm, Town Office
Northport Selectmen’s Meeting, 1st and 3rd Mondays at 6pm
Rockland City Council: 1st Monday of Month 7pm
Stockton Springs: Meets 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 6pm, Town Office
Vinalhaven: TBD; 863-4471 for information or http://townofvinalhaven.org/index.html
Winterport: 1st and 3rd Tuesdays